Autumn Half Term is on its way
The Autumn weather can be cold at times so there are a few things you need to remember to keep your visitors safe.
Many will bringing electric heaters to keep them warm. Thats Ok if you agree to the high bills some parks will limit the number of visitors in the cold season for this reason.
You MUST though be proactive in warning your visitors of the dangers of Carbon Monoxide Poisoning
Carbon Monoxide Poisoning
Please be aware of the high chances of Carbon Monoxide Poisoning in tents, caravan’s and Tourers.
Carbon monoxide is a colourless, odourless gas and is poisonous. In high concentrations it can kill swiftly.
DO’S & DONT’S
- DONT - Bring portable barbecue indoors (Tents and Vans)for heating purposes – All fuels like coal, charcoal gas etc give off Carbon Monoxide
- Do - turn off all gas appliances before going to bed – at the bottle or canister
- Do - cook with ventilation- open tents or open windows and doors to vans
SYMTOMS OF CO POISONING
In smaller concentrations CO poisoning can give symptoms similar to flu or food poisoning. Look out for headaches, nausea and vomiting, dizziness, drowsiness and weakness – but the best advice is to avoid any chance of being poisoned in the first place.
HERE IS A VIDEO THAT THE CAMPING AND CARAVAN CLUB HAVE PUT TOGETHER
DOWNLOAD AND PRINT TO DISPLAY AT YOUR PARK OR CAMPSITE
Click here to submit your review.